Home Entertainment Mzansi Celebs Bomb Productions Finally Responds to Nirvana Nokwe’s Claims Against Bonko Khoza

Bomb Productions Finally Responds to Nirvana Nokwe’s Claims Against Bonko Khoza

0
0

Film and television production company Bomb Productions has officially responded to serious sexual assault allegations made by actress and singer Nirvana Nokwe against her former Red Ink co-star Bonko Khoza, releasing a detailed statement on Wednesday, 20 May 2026.

The company issued the statement hours after Nokwe-Mseleku appeared in a telephone interview on a YouTube episode of Music Pulse, where she further discussed the allegations. In its response, Bomb Productions reiterated that it takes any claims of misconduct seriously and follows formal internal procedures when such issues are raised.

Nirvana Nokwe

“When Ms Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku raised her concerns, they were immediately taken seriously, and an extensive process of consultation and investigation was initiated,” the company said.

According to the production house, an internal investigation was launched shortly after the allegations surfaced. However, it stated that the process did not produce sufficient evidence to substantiate the claims.

“The investigation concluded without sufficient evidence to substantiate the allegations,” the statement read.

Bomb Productions further explained that both parties involved were informed of the outcome and advised on additional channels available should they wish to pursue the matter further.

The company also detailed its on-set protocols, stating that the actors had been briefed in advance about the nature and intensity of the scene in question before filming took place. It added that consent checks were conducted throughout rehearsals and production.

According to the statement, a designated safety officer was present on set, and both performers were reminded that they had the right to pause or stop filming if they felt uncomfortable at any stage.

Bonko Cosmo Khoza

Bomb Productions further claimed that production was halted immediately once concerns were raised after filming, and that multiple meetings followed involving producers, directors, and crew members who were present during the shoot.

The company also noted that Nokwe-Mseleku allegedly requested a written apology from Khoza during discussions, a request he reportedly declined, stating he did not agree with the allegations.

In addition, Bomb Productions said it offered emotional support services at its expense and engaged with legal representatives as well as industry advocacy organisation SWIFT (Sisters Working in Film & Television) during the process.

The statement has since sparked widespread debate on social media, with audiences divided over the company’s handling of the investigation and its conclusions. Many online users have questioned industry safeguarding practices, while others have focused on the lack of corroborating evidence cited in the findings.

As discussions continue, the situation has drawn broader attention to workplace safety protocols, accountability, and consent practices within South Africa’s entertainment industry.